Friday, June 18, 2010

Killing Vikings for Jesus



"With god on my side,
the holy army's gonna ride,
Go on a rampage,
Rape pillage and plunder.
Insanity's everywhere,
Must be something in the air,
I wanna blow them to peices cause I'mmmm
KILLING FOR JESUS.
Now I'm never bored,
When I'm killin for the lord,
Now I've seen the light,
Hell mary I've got Jesus on my side."
-The Circle Jerks, lyrics from the song, "Killing for Jesus"

I used to blast this song while skating the mini ramp in my back yard, that's why the neighbors wouldn't let their kids hang out at my house, I guess it was kinda heavy for a 12 year old though. I saw this statue in Scandinavia and that song came to mind. It's a portrayal of the man credited for bringing Christianity to their land. WHy does Jesus have a sword I asked the night guy at the front desk of our hotel late one night. "That's the guy who brought Christianity to the Faroes, he killed those who denied the lord, not very Christian is it?" he answered.

No comments: